Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Laura!

On Tuesday, October 14th, Laura Jane Crookston was born. She was born at McKay Dee hospital in Ogden after four hours of labor at 6:21 am. She was 21 inches long and weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces. (That is small for my babies, the other three have all been over 8 pounds, but I am not complaining!) She has what I call "old bald man hair" that is dark...Tyler says it is black, but it is probably just dark brown. The kids have been very gentle with her and all want turns holding and kissing her. Laura has loved the attention. Tyler sang her her first lullaby when he came to visit her at the hospital, he sang it so quiet that only she could here it. My mom later asked him what he sang and he said "Happy Birthday". I asked Andrew if he loved Laura and he said, "yeah, because she is in my family now." Emma loves to sit on my lap and hold Laura in her lap. She gets mommy time and Laura time all at once. Lee has been off work all week and it has been fun to have him home. Special thanks to Sarah, Grandma Crookston, Grandma Gibby, and Bryan & Lisa for watching the kids while we were in the hospital.

5 comments:

Bree said...

Congratulations! :} altho I read the bili post first, and wow, what an ordeal!!! UGH!

Trever and Heather said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all of the details tomorrow morning from your mom!

Kellie said...

Congratulations!
The Shirk Family

Emily S said...

Congratulations! I'd been wondering about you and Laura. I really like the name, that's one I always used to use when I played like I was a mom as a child.

Stacy said...

Congrats!