The Church is still true, even if there is a mouse living in the chapel.
Last week the above mentioned mouse was enjoying a meal of crumbs of every kind during Sacrament Meeting. Emma was tired and rolling around on the floor. I made her sit up and she had Goldfish cracker crumbs in her hair. (We don't take "treats" to church, so they were not from us.) About two minutes later the couple sitting in front of us pointed out the mouse to Lee. It came out of the rostrum about half way to the first bench (we were sitting on the second bench) and then went back into the hole in the rostrum. I didn't even scream. Or yell, or make any sort of noise, I was speechless. But I'm sure my eyes were really big. It did this out and back thing about three times going a little farther each time.
The man on the front row then opened the door that went into the hallway and the mouse ran out. I don't know if that was the best thing to do (because then the mouse was in the hall!), but I was able to listen to the rest of the talks better than I was when the mouse was in sight. I don't think many people saw the offending mouse, but I did notice that the lady sitting behind us had her legs up on the bench for the rest of the meeting.
This week on Sunday, I said the prayer at breakfast and asked that "we could learn at church and not see a mouse." Tyler laughed at me for saying mouse in a prayer. But I didn't see it.
6 comments:
Wow, I'm sure I would scream and then feel really embarrassed.
Oh my word! I would poop a brick or something!
hahah you kill me...by the way all Aggie Village phones are off now...or at least the Fraidenburgs is. DUMB! Luckily I had Tina's cell number!
Jessica :D
that would be an odd sight for sure! but you painted a great picture for me, it was quite enjoyable to read. thanks!
SArah's ward got out of all but Sacrament meeting two weeks in a row because they were exterminating mice in the "children's wing". SHE picked the right ward!!!
How long has that mouse been there? Is anyone going to try to get rid of it.
Sorry you were sick. I'm so glad you don't have MS. That is a huge relief.
I'm going privet and I need your e-mail. Thanks
Post a Comment