Tyler is in a summer playground group. It is done by Logan city and the kids get to go to a park each afternoon. They have a theme for each day and do crafts and other activities. He was looking ahead at the themes for this week. On Wednesday they are having a dance off. He was excited about that and then noticed that the theme was "Go Disco!" Then practically in one breath, he said this...
"Oh, all you need is a disco ball, black sunglasses so nobody can see your eyes, a big black hair circle wig-do you know what I'm talking about? a comb could get stuck in it, a white shirt and a blue kind of sparkly suit thing, a necklace thing with a big jewelry thing on the end, well something that is a big circle thing made out of gold and another necklace with nothing on it, so you have two necklaces, and don't forget the disco ball, and oh yeah, the jacket/vest thing has a collar on it, and then you need black shoes-like tap shoes but they have the clickers taken off of them, and they make you one inch taller-well how much is an inch?, maybe they make you two inches taller, then you can dance with one hand on your hip and you move the other one up and down in the air and sing ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive."
I asked him where he learned all of that and he said, "I don't know maybe a commercial?" Then he wanted to know if I was going to get him all that stuff. I told him maybe for Halloween.
5 comments:
That make me believe in reincarnation...
Oh, man. Too much John Travolta.
That must have been some commercial :)
That is pretty funny. It's amazing what kids pick up on.
This is hilarious, and I really am very amused at the idea of you exposing him to large amounts of John Travolta, as my mother suggests. Smart kid!
Post a Comment