Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite!

We took advantage of the nice weather on Monday and had a picnic lunch outside. Tyler thought it would be a good idea to fly kites for Family Home Evening. We usually go outside of our backyard, but Emma was taking a nap and Lee had to go back to school for another class soon, so we just stayed here. The three buildings make a great fence to keep kids in, but it also made some pretty strong down drafts. Andrew quickly got his kite tangled. Tyler just kept running. After about twenty minutes, we put the kites away and rode bikes. We all got a little bit too much sun! I guess we will get a new bottle of sunscreen. Today it was snowing and when it started sticking to the grass and covered it with a white blanket, Andrew said "Yeah! Now we can make a snowman."

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I know, isn't the weather crazy right now? It was warm enough on Monday for my kids to run through the sprinklers, and then the next day it snowed!

Anonymous said...

You guys always find the funnest things to do as a family. I hope Lil and I can be as good as you when we have kids. I also agree with the three buildings being a great fence to keep kids in, so may I suggest that you stick around for a while longer...ya know for the kids. (and probably the maintenance guy who comes over and gets all that stuff out of the toilet after Emma learns how to flush it.)