. We went with Grandma and Grandpa Gibby, Uncle Matthew, Uncle Brian, and Uncle Scott and Aunt Elise. We had two rows, five seats in each row. Nobody was sitting in the row in front of us, and so Tyler moved down and was sitting alone on that row. During the seventh inning stretch we all stood up to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game". As the guy in the row in front of Tyler stood up, a pistol fell out of his pants and landed next to Tyler's feet!!! He (the guy, not Tyler) scrambled to pick it back up and hide it. A few minutes later, the lady sitting next to us got up and left, came back, and then security came. There were two security men, one took the man out to the "hallway" and the other one sat behind his family. My dad took Andrew to the bathroom and said they had about eight cops questioning the guy in the hall. The guy came back fiddled with a blanket (got the gun) and then went back out. His grandson was crying because he wanted to go with grandpa and they wouldn't let him leave. The gun man was gone until almost the end of the game. When he came and sat back down, his wife asked if he got his gun back and he shook his head no. We had a lot of fun, but the Bee's lost like 7 to 0, so this was way more exciting! Later I asked Tyler if he was scared, and he said no because he knew it really couldn't shoot without someone holding it. I was very proud of him for not trying to pick it up.Andrew and Tyler got to run around the bases after the fireworks show, and that was really fun to watch. They held hands the whole way around. Tyler was a great big brother.
4 comments:
that's a little scary....why did he have a gun with him? Obviously, he wasn't suppose to.
I'm not that much of a sports fan so I always think the people are more entertaining than the game. But this was a doosey!
oh my gosh! Talk about scary!!!!
Fun story. No photo of the boys running the bases?
My camera battery died after I took that one picture of Tyler. The pictures of the rest of the game are on Elise's camera. I will add another picture after I get them from her.
Post a Comment