Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Comfort in Numbers

My neighbor came to my door yesterday to see if I wanted her to pick up Tyler from school. The following is what she saw from my doorway: Laundry all over my living room (to the point that I couldn't get the door open on the first try because a basket was in the way), Becca in "pajama's", glasses, no make-up, and with bare feet. Andrew ran to the door with a big hole in the knee of his pants (it started the day small, but he ripped at it until it got bigger). And then Emma came running to the door, I had apparently not been watching her close enough.
"Show me your arms."
It was a washable marker and she rubbed her eyes.
Laura was not in sight because she was still upstairs sleeping, not in the car seat ready to go. Keep in mind this was at 2:25 in the afternoon, and about five minutes after I should have left to pick Tyler up on time. I, of course, told her yes to please pick him up. And she said she wanted a picture of my day right then because it matched some of her days. Doesn't it make you feel better to know that it happens to others too? At what time do you give up on the "getting in the shower" idea?

4 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

I officially gave up a shower this morning at 10:15am...just one of those days!

Bree said...

usually about ten. If I have not made it that far, it's not worth it anymore. lol

Honey, it sounds like you had a not get out of bed kind of day!:|


I miss staying at home.

Emily S said...

I don't give up until like 4:30, because if I gave up at 10 I would shower about once a week. Newborns!

Lee said...

Even though it was a "washable" marker it took almost a half an hour of scrubbing get Emma clean.