Friday, June 4, 2010

Running in the TOU/2 Marathon


I've decided that I am going to run the Top of Utah 1/2 Marathon August 28, 2010. Several people from work are going to run in it. A few years ago I wanted to run in the full marathon, but it was after I had broken my foot, which takes a long time to heal from. It's just not once you get the walking boot off that you can start really walking without limping, let alone running. I must be getting old...it takes a while to heal from things like that. I started running anyways and got a Baker's Cist, which is a bubble of goo right behind the knee, it's painful and needless to say I didn't run in the TOU Marathon.

I have started running a few times a week. I even got my younger brother Neal to sign up for the half marathon. My neighbor, Mark, has ran in several marathons and runs 7 to 10 miles every Tuesday and Thursday in the morning. However I've ran with him in the evenings when he's supposed to be in bed to be able to run at Icon for his part time job at 4:30 in the morning. I bet he was really tired that next morning. Since we went running at 11: 30 pm. He's a really good runner and I feel like am struggling to keep up with him. He says that I set a fast pace and I push him. It's definitely fun to run with Mark and neither one of us wants to admit weakness in front of the other.

I'll be running with Neal in Layton on Saturday morning if anyone wants to join.

2 comments:

Renae said...

Good for you!

Janiebelle007 said...

I think Cindy and maybe Kristen are going to run the TOU/2. Maybe Mark.