Thursday, April 3, 2008

Don't Play In The Toilet!

If you have an eighteen month old toddler running around your house, here are some reasons to close the bathroom door. If you don't close the door you could find any of the following things in the toilet: a soiled diaper (it should have gone to the garbage), her older brother's socks, the bathtub's toy boat, her sandals, a bib, her hands, the other brother's shoes, toothbrushes (they went to the trash after I found them), the extra roll of toilet paper (well, I didn't find this IN the toilet-she put it back in the basket!), and rubber ducks. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! I have gotten the boys to be really good at putting the toilet seat down, it looks like I still need to work on having them close the door. The other problem is...Emma is really fast, if the door is open, she is in there. Again with the yuck.

4 comments:

Renae said...

Another of you Utah cousins to read! Way cool. I see that you have a link to me. I just love finding new blog friends to make. I also have a toilet fanatic. Such fun! Well, I'll be checking in on you.

Stacy said...

ah yes, the toilet, kids love it! And it is so hard to keep a toddler away if you have other young kids that need to use the bathroom.
It's the worst when they figure out how to flush it, has she done that yet?
Good luck! Hopefully she will get out of this phase quickly.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sister. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm glad to see you have one now and congratulations on the new baby!

Lacy Rane said...

Yeah! I love your new blog . . . both entries (and Andrew's quote of the day) made me laugh out loud! Isn't being a mom great? CONGRATS on expecting again. We are glad you guys are doing well and excited to see where you end up after school. If Tyler has any say in the matter, tell him it's always summer in Arizona!