Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflections: Beauty is...

Tyler entered the PTA Reflections contest this past week. He took a lot of pictures (he took 74) and only could enter one. The PTA rules are so strict that he do all the work that he even had to decide what picture to use. I like how his pictures turned out, but it was not the picture I would have chosen. He had so many good ones it was hard to pick just one. He also picked the mats and titles.

His first entry was this picture he took on the Logan River trail at Second Dam. He chose a shimmery gold mat. Title: Magical Forest

His second entry was in the visual arts category. He took this picture of the sunset over Logan from Green Canyon. Because he could only enter one photo he made a paper collage of this image with torn and cut construction and tissue paper. We were in such a rush to get in mounted and him in bed the night before the deadline, that I forgot to take a picture of him with his artwork. But here is the photograph from the canyon. He chose a deep plum colored mat. Title: Night Canyon

3 comments:

Renae said...

That's really neat!

Gordon and Robyn said...

Hi Becca
I guess I'll come out of the woodworks and tellyou that I check in on you guys secretly but now I dont have to be secret :)
I laughed so hard about Tyler wanting to lighten things up so they didn't feel too serious. that was so funny!

Deanna said...

he's such a brilliant and special boy! I feel blessed to know him, thanks for sharing! we miss you guys!