Monday, November 23, 2009

What's the deal with Fabio?

A few years ago, I think it was in 2006, I was on the phone with Jess when she was looking through her mail. She laughed and said she just got a poster letting her know the Work and the Glory III was coming to a theater near her the next month. We both found it funny that she now had a poster size advertisement for the movie. I told her she should hang it up and see how long it would take Clay to notice. She did and, of course, he noticed not long after he got home from work. As far as my memory can recall, he asked her why they had a new poster decorating their apartment, and she explained that I told her to put it there. So, game on.
Clay came over and hung the poster on my front door. I was in the middle of a Stake Primary presidency meeting with my councilors and secretary all at my house. When I walked them to the front door to let them out I was shocked to find the poster. I know they gave it kind of a strange look, but I was laughing so hard that I didn't have a chance to explain.
From then on this poster (or parts of it) have been passed back and forth between our two households...With a short lived trip to my mom and dad's house. My mom had heard about the poster passing and so we decided to end it by taking it to her house. I hung it on her bathroom mirror, but found it back in our van when we left.
Neither of us have seen the movie, so we don't really know the correct names. But because the guy in the posters has long hair we refer to him as Fabio.
The game quickly changed from taping it somewhere it will get found, to hiding it to be a surprise later. One of the times, I got my scriptures out at church to find a piece of the poster. The back had three mini posters and there was a poster of Joseph Smith in my scriptures. So the hiding went from one to three. All the more to find...
When the movie came out on DVD I got a mailing about it. Using it and all the cut apart pieces, I framed it for Jessica for Christmas. It has been placed in moving boxes and crossed state lines many times. Mostly it has remained hidden for months at a time, and then one day when you don't expect to, you find it and just have to smile (and plan a trip across the border). So after I find it, and haven't had a chance to give it back, it sits prominently in my living room or bedroom with no explanation (because nobody dares ask about it).
So, the real question is...Which house is it at? Did my kids succeed at hiding it to outlast their stay? Or when the Brown's brought my kids back did they bring Fabio with them? Is it hiding under my bathroom sink? (No, I looked.) Tyler is pretty sure it is still in Idaho, he said nobody was looking, but only time will tell.

1 comment:

Bree said...

that's fantastic! Hope she still has it!