Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

I do not like green eggs and ham!
You do not like them. So you say. Try them! Try them! And you may. Try them and you may, I say.

I make green eggs and ham for St Patrick's Day Dinner every year (it might seem like a breakfast food, but that is Lucky Charms). The boys are used to it, Emma needed some persuading, just like in the book. She is probably too young to remember that she ate it that way a year ago.
This year to accompany the green milk, green eggs, and ham (I don't attempt changing its color) we had rainbow muffins. The kids thought it was great, I thought they looked tie-dyed. They were a fun new addition to our food coloring altered dinner.
Andrew and Emma used the shamrock cookie cutter to cut their sandwiches for lunch. I bought the "new color of love" all green m&m's around Valentines (because I remembered last year thinking they had bags of green ones in February, why not in March?!) and put them with some gold wrapped Rolos in a cool container as a delicious display, but that was emptied long ago.
We had a fun day. Except Tyler said he got pinched a lot at school even though he was wearing lots of green. I guess grade schoolers haven't changed.

2 comments:

Bree said...

LOVE that! :) I did green eggs and ham for Dr. Suess' birthday at the beginning of the month. :)

I've been meaning to try rainbow cupcakes, I had found this recipe: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/cupcakes.html

but have yet to tackle it. lol

Janiebelle007 said...

At least he didn't spout the words he probably learned on the playground!