Thursday, March 25, 2010

The InstaCare Called This Morning

Yesterday when Emma came out of story time at the library, she was limping. I asked Emma what happened and she said "Hurt". I asked Andrew and Toby (our neighbor that goes to story time with us) what happened, but they didn't know. I asked the teacher what happened and she didn't know. I figured she would be okay, just needed some time. When I asked her where it hurt she said "Knee". She has a scraped up knee from a few days ago. It is the only place on her leg that looks hurt. Later when she was still limping, I asked her what happened and she said "Boy". She then would agree with what I said. Did a boy knock you down? Ya. Was it an accident? Ya. Did he help you back up? Ya. Did he say he was sorry? Ya. And then I threw her a curve ball. Did your teacher see it? And she said No.
When she crawled into the kitchen I decided it was time to have a doctor check her out. I took her to the InstaCare and she got this sticker.
She told the doctor her knee hurt and when he checked her leg, she had two different places that she said "Ouch" to. They took four x-rays and the doctor said they looked okay and sent us home.
This morning the InstaCare called. A radiologist looked at the x-rays and thinks she should be put in a splint, just in case. The spot in question is just under her knee.
She is in a splint that starts at the top of her thigh and goes past her toes. She can't put any weight on her leg at least until Monday when she sees an orthopedic doctor. It's a good thing I haven't packed these yet.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Man alive..that stinks! I can't believe it. Hopefully, its just growing pains or something (although she is already tall!) :D Miss ya lots! How is the packing going?

Renae said...

Poor kiddo!