Thursday, March 25, 2010

How big is Laura?

I just weighed Laura. Fully dressed she is 19 pounds. She is almost 18 months old. Our doctor had us switch her car seats a few months ago. He said that even though she hasn't reached the magical weight of 20 pounds yet, she has good muscle tone and head control. She can have juice occasionally, but for the most part she drinks whole fat milk and an Ensure type product. He told me to give her full fat foods like cheese and yogurt. I can't even find yogurt that isn't low fat. She doesn't feel like it if you pick her up, but she is a pretty good eater.
Here is the funny part. This pink shirt is a size 9 month. It is Carter brand, which I remember with the boys (Emma was smaller too) was a brand that was sized small. So, if the tag said 9 months, they could maybe wear it up until they were 9 months old, but no later than that. Actually this shirt might be a dress, but it fits her as a shirt, so that might also explain the smaller sizing.
The two pictures were taken less than a week apart. This shirt is one I put on her in a hurry one morning. I grabbed it out of the laundry basket, but it is Emma's shirt. It is a size 4T. Emma has, I mean had, two shirts this style. They now belong to Laura. Just another example of my saying, don't trust the tag size.
P.S. The dress I got Emma for Easter is a size 6. Her legs are too long for smaller sizes.

2 comments:

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Becca I know how it is with the dress sizes, it drives me nuts how they are super small, I have to get Rylee like three sizes too big just so they go past her knee...that little Laura is a cutie!! And I hope Emma's knee is okay...we had the exact same thing happen with Rylee but with her arm, we took her to instacare they took an xray and then said it looked okay, we later got a splint, and then went to see the ortho who in turn told us there wasnt anything wrong with Rylee's arm....so I hope her leg is okay :)

sarahflib said...

Holy smokes, she's tiny. She's so cute, though. And I know about trying to fatten kids up. Madeline is doing well, but since kids with CF have a hard time gaining weight, we've been coached in adding cream and butter to everything. You can buy full-fat yogurt at health stores, like Good Earth. I'm not sure if you have one of those in Logan, but there is surely something like unto it. Two brands that make the full-fat variety are Brown Cow and Stonyfield. They are absolutely delicious! Google coupons for these brands and you will find some on their websites.