We spent a Friday afternoon at the Cache Valley Home and Garden Show. It was fun. Overall, Tyler decided we need new counter-tops. Lee and Becca decided that the fence will probably be delayed another year. At one point, I saw a really cute little girl sitting on a child sized picnic table at the next booth area. I started to point her out to Lee and realized it was Laura. I just wasn't used to her new hair cut. We got to ride a bike to see how much energy it takes to light up light bulbs. We collected lots of candy. Lee got signed up for the tree trimming class put on by Logan City (for free). We played with some old toys at the Western Heritage Center's booth. But, maybe the best part was, we got to be part of the Cache Valley Portrait Project. It was really fun. The very friendly Levi took pictures all day. He didn't really mention much about the business cards sitting behind him, he had his personality and portraits do all the talking. He was super nice to the kids. He even told Tyler he had a nice smile. (Tyler worries about his smile, so that was a big deal.) He took a few pictures of each of the kids. He even asked them to pull a funny face or pose. He also took a few pictures of the whole family and just Lee and I. It was kind of fun to see the results of a normal lazy Friday. We didn't plan on doing pictures, we didn't stress about what to wear. It was just us. How we really are. Even right after a major hair cut. Tyler liked that he could see the pictures displayed live on a screen as they were taken. Hence, the bunny ears. Laura didn't blink, that was how she posed. Here is what he got from our family in less then five minutes.




















6 comments:
Those are nice pictures -- did you have to buy something, or did he just email you the digital photos?
FREE! If you picked up his card it has his Facebook address on it. That linked me to his blog where he has a post about the "project" with a link to all 1173 pictures he took. I just had to find us. He said Saturday started on page 60, so I knew we were before that.
Those are so stinkin' fun! Levi is a nice guy too. I took a photography class from him and he runs the Cache valley Photographers club of which I am an sporadic member. Great shots though!
Super fun and even better FREE! :D
How cool that he got their personalities so well! it seems like photo shots end up with fake smiles or pouting instead of great ones like those. My favorites are of Laura and of the one where Andrew is pulling what I would call the "andrew face". Okay , I really like the family picts too. Actually I think I like them all the best!
P.S. We won two drawings!
Post a Comment