Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mommy Shouldn't Get Sick!

Well, yesterday I was sick. That 24-hour yucky stuff. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled anyway and was planning on driving to Layton (where my doctor is) with the kids. When Lee found out I was sick he told me he would come home from work to drive me down, since I didn't even feel like sitting up, not having to drive sounded like a great idea. For some reason, I couldn't sleep most of the night, but now that it was morning and the kids were awake I could sleep through almost anything. I did get up several time to run across the hall to the bathroom, but then I went right back to bed, without looking at the house.
When Lee got home at 1:30 (so we could get to my appointment at 3...we really need to move closer to Layton!) Tyler was the only one dressed. Andrew and Emma were still in their pj's and Emma's diaper hadn't been changed since she woke up. The three of them (I blame them all, and myself...they blame Emma) had poured a whole box of cereal onto the table and then poured milk on top of it! They also dumped a whole box of colored Goldfish crackers on the floor in the living room, which made a big mess when it got walked on. In addition they also had a basket of clean laundry tipped over (and in the cracker mess), and several books off the shelf, and toys out too. After our trip to Layton (which included me taking an hour to drink a small Gatorade, because my doctor said I could take it slow, but if I threw up again I had to go to the hospital for an IV) I laid on the couch and watched Lee clean up the house. I love him! I asked Tyler to take some pictures of the mess, but the camera was on the review setting, so he thought he took some pictures but he really didn't. Tyler said he was sorry he didn't get a picture, "because that won't happen again for a really long time."

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I second that! I've got the same thing right now I guess. I am so sick. My kids are still in pj's and haven't brushed their teeth and since they pretty much are fending for themselves with meals have had LOTS of treats today. Some how I've still been able to keep up with the nursing, it's a miracle.
You drive all the way to Layton for a doctor? That must be some doctor!

Shell said...

I get driving to the doctor. I have driven 40 miles to my doctor now for 10 plus years... and he delivered all of the boys and is our family doctor too. When you get one you like, you don't change unless you have to. Good luck with baby names. I have a whole slew of girls names if you need one (since I only got to use my first choice.) Get well soon.