This week we had the Valentine Manners Social. We set up tables and decorations Monday night. Tuesday I spent ALL day at the school. I had neighbors set up to watch the girls, but Lee decided to switch days at work and he stayed home. That worked out well because Andrew ended up sick and stayed home too. Each class (well, it was really two classes at a time) went to have a manners lesson in the Little Theater. One teacher was Ms. Manners and the other teacher was Ms. Un-manners. The teachers were pretty fun for the students to watch. The one I stepped in and saw was when Superintendent Garrett was being Mr. Un-manners. He was hilarious. He ate his cake with his fingers, flicked water at the other teacher, knelt on the chair, used his sleeve instead of napkin, threw the napkin at Mrs. Kelley, and kept wiggling around. Then the kids went into the cafeteria and we served cake, and red Kool-aid. We kept 72 seats always set throughout the day. We had 15 different shifts of classes. As soon as the kids left from one group, it was a mad dash to set up for the next group.
After school Tuesday, and after we cleaned up the Valentine's Social, we set up for the Book Fair. The girls got to go play at the neighbor's house and Lee came to help us. We set up in the Little Theater this time, so we had to carry the book carts down the steps.
Parent Teacher Conferences were Wednesday and Thursday. We opened the Book Fair during the conferences. We stayed open until 8pm both nights! We earned over $1700.00 in books for the classrooms and Media Center. I had some great helpers! We worked late and cleaned up the Fair Thursday night. Lee came and helped then too.
And here is the estimation jar. None of the students guessed it exactly.
Because it was Parent Teacher Conferences, the PTA also provided dinners for the teachers on Wednesday and Thursday. I didn't help much with that because I was in charge of the Book Fair. They served large sub sandwiches with chips one night and the huge hit was the Chinese buffet. We have some great teachers at Woodruff.
1 comment:
The estimation jar answer was 128.
Post a Comment